Gluten-free Paleo pita bread
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 2 pinch of sea salt
You can top your gluten-free pita bread with your preferred ingredients. Mine, are with a labneh spread (if you prefer a Paleo ingredient, olive oil will do), onion, chickpeas and baby spinach and a drizzle of lemon juice.
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. In a mixing bowl, combine water, yeast and honey and allow to sit for a couple of minutes
3. Add in flour, salt, and oil
4. Stir with a spoon and then kneed by hand until a large ball of dough is formed
5. Divide into approximately 6 equal portions
6. Take each portion, one at a time and make a ball
7. Wet hands and dampen the ball of dough
8. Next roll it out each ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper (each pita should be about 5-6 inches in diameter), the water helps prevent the dough from having cracked edges. If it cracks, use your hands to seal it back together. Remove the top piece of parchment after rolling out before baking.
9. Bake pitas (as many as will fit on a baking sheet)Â Â for 5 minutes on each side or longer depending on preference of â€œpocketâ€ or â€œdippingâ€ pita.
10. when pitas are ready you can top it with as many ingredients as desire.
Note: I’ll post the labneh recipe soon.