1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 lb yellow onions, in julienne
2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced.
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup vegetable stock broth, or dry white wine (if preferred) 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
1/2 lb baby carrots
3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
1. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, rosemary and bay leaf.
2. Reduce the heat to very low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender and slightly golden, about 30 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until stock evaporates thoroughly, about 5 minutes. 4. Add the vinegar and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
5. Season and serve.
1. In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the baby carrots, cover, and steam until tender, about 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss gently the carrots with the olive oil, lemon juice, and dill. 3. Arrange over the pan-braised onions and garnish with a sprig of dill.
Inspired by @mayoclinic
#mayocliniccookbook #paleo #paleolifestyle #paleodiet #paleolife #paleorecipes #paleofood #paleofriendly #almostpaleo #practicalpaleo #healthy #healthyfood #meal #foodporn #foodie #food #delicious #nutrition #nutritious #tasty #babycarrots #chicken #lowincarbs #ovenbaked